I’ve just returned home after studying abroad for a semester in Florence, Italy. However delicious all that pizza and pasta was, there were a lot of foods that I missed from the states; hummus being one of them. I have to give my mom props for this delicious wrap sandwich. The combination of hummus and fresh vegetables makes for a beautiful, yummy, and healthy lunch.
- 1 fajita sized tortilla (flour or whole grain)
- 2 tbsp hummus (I like garlic or pine-nut hummus)
- 6-8 grape tomatoes; halved
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper; sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp red onion; diced
- 1/4 cup pea pods; chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber; sliced
- 2 Tbsp shredded carrots
- Spread hummus down the center of the tortilla
- After preparing the veggies, layer them in the center of the tortilla and tightly roll one end of the tortilla to the other. Enjoy!
The frugality of this recipe really depends on where you buy some of your key ingredients and what brands you’re buying. As a frugal foodie I purchase a lot of my non-produce ingredients (like tortillas and hummus) as places like Walmart and Costco. Generally, one Veggie Hummus Wrap costs me around $2.50…I can’t complain about that!
Calories 235; Cals from Fat 69; Total Fat 7.7 g (Saturated 1g; Polyunsaturated 1g; Monounsaturated 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 430mg; Potassium 63mg; Total Carbohydrates 35g (Dietary Fiber 7.5g; Sugar 6g); Protein 7.5g; Vitamin A 58%; Vitamin C 88%; Calcium 44%; Iron 14%