For those of you who have been to Insomnia Cookies, you have probably tasted or at least smelled their famous Chocolate S’mores Cookies. These cookies are a gooey, chocolate, marshmallow explosion unlike any cookie I’d ever tasted. Sadly, just one average sized cookie costs $2.75! That is not a price I am willing to pay for just one cookie, no matter how good it is. After recently trying her first Insomnia S’mores cookie my cousin challenged me to create a copy cat recipe so we could actually afford to have one of these amazing cookies more than once a year…challenge accepted and met!
Gooey S’mores Cookies
- 1 cup butter; softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3 graham crackers; broken into large pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare baking sheets.
- In a small bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix in milk.
- Carefully stir in graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 Tbsp sized cookies, place on baking sheets, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will look underdone in center, this is OKAY, do NOT over cook! Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before moving to drying rack.
This entire batch of cookies only cost me about $5.35 and the whole batch made close to 3 dozen cookies…that’s only $0.15 per cookie! Say goodbye to paying $2.75 for one cookie at Insomnia!