Not only is this chicken salad delicious, but it’s also good for you (and kind of pretty). It is the perfect lunch. Make the whole recipe ahead of time and save it in your fridge for several lunches throughout the week!
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 bunch grapes; halved
- 1/2 cup spelt grains; uncooked
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bunch green onions; sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook spelt grains according to package directions. Meanwhile heat oil in a small pan over medium high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook about 4 minutes per side. Let chicken cool for about 5 minutes, then shred into small chunks using a fork.
- To prepare the dressing mix the lemon zest, juice, olive oil, sugar and honey in a small dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, grapes, and spelt grains. Add the dressing, tossing to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with green onions and feta.