Since I arrived in Italy I have taken on a new diet that include carbs, carbs, and more carbs. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE all of the paninis, pasta, pizza, ect., but sometimes I need a little break. My desire for a fresh, health, and carborhydrateless) meal inspired this hearty salad.
- 1 Avocado; diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes; halved
- 1 (8oz) can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup wheat berries or spelt grains; cooked
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Cook wheat berries or spelt according to package directions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl toss avocado, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and wheat berries.
- In a small bowl stir olive oil, lime, honey, and sugar.
- Pour dressing over avocado mixture and toss gently. Salt and pepper to taste. (makes 3-4 servings)