This was my first try at homemade fried rice and it was a success! This recipe is super simple, and it’s easy to adjust the size of the recipe to make the correct number of portions. The measurements that I am providing makes two dinner servings.
- 1 bag of boil-in-bag brown rice
- 5 oz frozen peas
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp bottled fresh ginger
- 6 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain. Remove rice from bag and return to pan. Add peas to pan, stirring well. Cover and keep warm.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook 1 minute or until set. Remove eggs from pan and coarsely chop.
- Return pan to heat. Add canola oil and swirl to coat. Add onions and ginger, sauté 1 minute. Add shrimp to pan, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add shrimp mixture and eggs to rice mixture; stir well.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and crushed pepper; stirring well. Drizzle vinegar mixture over rice mixture; stir well. (makes 2 servings)
This two serving recipe only costs about $9.00, or only $4.50 a serving! Order shrimp fried rice at a Chinese restaurant and you’ll pay anywhere between $5.00 to $12.00 for a plate.
- Recipe for Shrimp Fried Rice (jennnadams.wordpress.com)
- Fried Brown Rice with Garlic and Chicken (weightloss.answers.com)
- Better Than Takeout Fried Rice and Crab Rangoons (aradiasilvermoon.wordpress.com)