These little morsels are so good. I’ve made them several times to bring to gatherings and they are always a huge hit. And if you don’t have a party to bring them to, don’t worry, they keep well in the fridge for a couple weeks! And an added little bonus, there isn’t any raw egg, which means you don’t have to feel AS guilty eating the dough while you make them.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp oil
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together, then add vanilla and water and beat well. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add mini chips and mix well.
- Use a small spoon or melon baller to scoop the dough and roll it into 3/4 to 1 inch balls. Place the balls on wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe container for 30 second intervals until melted; stirring in between intervals. Use a toothpick to dip each ball of dough into the melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drain off before placing on a wax paper lined sheet. Remove toothpick and fill the hole with melted chocolate. Place if refrigerator to set. This makes about 60-70 truffles (depending on how much dough you eat while making it)
These cost about as much as it does to make chocolate chip cookies, but it makes twice as many morsels as a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
- Eggless Cookie Dough (tabithaneal.wordpress.com)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (blogchitchat.wordpress.com)