This super simple, yummy salad is perfect on a hot summer day. I’ve made it twice now as a side dish; once with hamburgers and once with grilled chicken. It would also work really well as a healthy vegetarian lunch.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 1 Tbsp of fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Sea salt and cracked pepper; to taste
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Remove corn husks and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the corn is tender and has grill marks. Cut the corn off the cob and set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, dice the avocado, and chop the cilantro. Lightly toss together in a medium sized bowl, being careful not to mash the avocado.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until combined
- Combine the tomato mixture and corn. Add the dress and toss together. Dish out and enjoy!
(this makes about 4 side dishes or 2 lunch servings)
Sadly, unlike most of the dishes I make, this dish does not keep well because of the avocado, which means it can’t be made for just one person. However, it only costs about $6.15 total; that’s only $1.54 per serving! Or if you make it for a lunch its only $3.08 per serving!