I have to thank my dear friend Ali for these amazing chicken burgers. Ali is my culinary friend who happens to share in my deep love for food. She and I can talk about food for hours, and I can always rely on her for great recipes. Last summer she made these oh-so-delicious burgers for me and my family, and ever since we have referred to them as “Ali’s Burgers.” I will admit, this is not the most frugal recipe, but I just have to share it because it’s so good.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh snipped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 oz Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat buns
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped cranberries with enough hot water to cover them. Let it stand for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, walnuts, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, rosemary, and ground chicken.
- Shape the mixture into 3/4 inch thick patties and place each patty on waxed paper. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Grill the patties over medium-direct heat for about 8 minutes, flipping over half way through. Top the patties with cheese, cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Grill the rolls, face down, for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Serve the patties on the toasted rolls with mayo and lettuce.